18 12 2020
Art cannot be evaluated. How to acquire international recognition an artist deserves for his or her contributions to the world? How to establish authoritative standards and criteria for certifying artistic achievements? The International Sculpture Symposium Alliance (ISSA) is planning to provide certification service for international sculptors, specified as follows:
1. ISSA doesn’t evaluate the level of artistry, the service is aimed to certify the number of countries the artist has an impact on;
2. Title of certification depends on the number of countries and regions impacted by the artist. International Sculptor (5 or more), 1+ International Sculptor (10 or more), 2+ International Sculptor (20 or more). The title upgrades with the introduction of every 10 new countries and regions, and it could be upgraded through submitting supplementary materials for recertification.
3. With the belief that good sculptures don’t live in the palace, they live among the people, only large-scale permanent public sculptures, including commercial sculptures and symposium sculptures, are qualified to apply.
4. Artists are welcomed to apply and refer fellow artists. The application materials include photos of sculpture, date, location, witness, witness materials (witnes certificate, media coverage etc.). Send International Sculptor Certification Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. ISSA awards the Certificate of International Sculptor.
6. The certificate is the primary reference for the 104 ISSA global divisions when inviting artist participants. ISSA will actively expand the standard to more artistic fields.
7. Certified sculptors will be automatically qualified as an ISSA member.
8. Information provided has to be truthful and accurate, certification will be revoked permanently if there’s any evidence of fraud.
This is a service provided for sculptors working internationally, and it is free of charge for the first three months. The certification renews every six months. Service fee might incur in case of heightened workload.
A Digital certificates will be delivered to the email address designated by the artists. Paper certificates will be handed out by associate members of ISSA during certain ceremonies.